I am in a strung-out tired and mildly apathetic mood today (see "blah" me in the sidebar - but her hair is even better). This is the best I can do right now - tell you about the random events of this day in the hope that you will at least go away from here feeling far more interesting than me. I'm nothing if not ready to build your self-esteem.
Stephanie's [Nowhere Close to] Excellent Adventures:
- Helped Paige select extra clothes to take on her skiing trip (the back-up outfit is just as important as the main one; I can't wait for the teen years)
- Purchased a 12 oz. vanilla mocha at one of those closet-sized drive-up coffee nooks; I never know which window they want me to use; it was mildly stressful at 8:50 a.m.
- Attended Friends of the Library meeting; narrowly avoided being asked to chair the book sale and/or take over the Presidency (clearly they don't know how lame I am on the PTA)
- Dropped off PTA letters of request for donations at a volunteer's house
- Put away Christmas wrapping supplies
- Made a grilled cheese sandwich for Mason out of the last two unmoldy pieces of bread
- Ate two slices of Papa Murphy's Gourmet Chicken Bacon Artichoke deLITE pizza (I think I just burned 200 calories typing the whole name)
- Brewed a cup of Teaosophy Nilgiri ~ it is quite delicious, but has not yet awakened my senses or stirred my soul; stay tuned
- Savored a piece of forgotten chocolate I discovered in my hideaway room (found chocolate often tastes much better, like a delectable, creamy secret in my mouth)
- Downloaded more music for my iPod; I've added "rock on" and "honky tonkin'" playlists to the mix
- Read a few pages of The Corrections; it's essentially an unpleasant downer of a novel but I feel compelled to finish it; I suspect it has something to do with Jonathan Franzen's very smug picture on the back flap - like he expects me to not get it and just give up
No way, Mr. I-Don't-Need-Oprah's-Book-Club. I WILL complete your stupid story!
But first, a nap. It's been a tough day.