- Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed. (I will also credit and link the first person to guess correctly. Yay, you, in advance!)
This part is for the reader (i.e. YOU!):
- No Googling or using IMDB search functions. (Don't be Cheaty McCheater-Face! That's Tootsie's admonition and I concur; you can look up those words at Dictionary.com if you must)
- Leave your answer(s) in the comments.
On with the show...
1. "Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do." The Princess Bride; brilliantly guessed in record time by CamiKaos
2. "All I'm saying is that somewhere out there is the man you are supposed to marry. And if you don't get him first, somebody else will, and you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that somebody else is married to your husband." When Harry Met Sally; way to go, Suz (barely beating out my bff Lisa)
3. "It's gonna be a really tough project, you're gonna have to use your head, your brain and your mind, too." School of Rock
4. "Don't know. Sorta feels good. Sorta stiff and that, but once I get going...then I like, forget everything. And...sorta disappear. Sorta disappear. Like I feel a change in my whole body. And I've got this fire in my body. I'm just there. Flyin' like a bird. Like electricity. Yeah, like electricity." Billy Elliot
5. "If you cannot think of anything appropriate to say, you will please restrict your remarks to the weather." Sense & Sensibility; nice job Mari!
6. "I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could... remember that time that I bought you the baseball glove when you thought we were too broke. You know? Or when I read you those stories? Or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn? Lots of things like that. And you're gonna realize that you love me. And maybe you're gonna feel badly, because you never told me. But don't - I know that you love me. So don't ever do that to yourself, all right?" Terms of Endearment; yes, Suz! This is one kick-ass deathbed scene...
7. "You gotta fight for every breath and tell death to go to hell." The Motorcycle Diaries
8. "Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode." Animal House; well done, Ms. Tootsie Farklepants
9. "Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." The Shawshank Redemption, CamiKaos again
10. "Don't worry, honey. Everything's fine. We're going to have a wonderful party. We've made Daddy such a nice cake." The Hours; picked by bff Lisa (Does this quote not make us sob anew??)
11. "What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, again with the CamiKaos
12. "Come on now, be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius, or Orpheus...people so lofty they sound as if they shit marble!" Amadeus; Elaine knew it in her heart of hearts, so I'm giving her link-love :)
13. "Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy." Stand By Me; CamiKaos (I think we could be best movie bf's)
14. "You're the most beautiful, exciting thing I've ever seen in my life and I don't know anything about you." American Graffiti
15. "They had a lot of weapons, mister... and they were shootin' bullets." 3:10 to Yuma; yippee kai-o, bff Lisa
If you need any kind of hint, most of these movies made me weep like an idiot (even getting the quote inspired a little tearing up). They range a few decades and are in no particular order. Many, strangely enough, feature cute boys. Enjoy!