- Ordered, picked up, and inventoried [might have glanced through giddily] $3K worth of books for our library
- Cleaned my white boards
- Put up one school motto decal
- Read a potential title for our upcoming Everyone Reads program
- Got new stickers for my rolling file box
- Purchased a portable file box for indepedent contracts
- Bought more reading material than will likely fit in my classroom
- Put up decals in other classrooms
- Create a logical, practical system for keeping track of independent contracts
- Write letters begging community members to talk with Seniors about project ideas in September
- Rewrite/organize lessons for English classes
- Design Advanced Technology curriculum
- Set up school library check-out system
- Find a way to incorporate new reading material into classroom
So, 14 school-related tasks in essentially 7 weeks (we took a couple of weeks for our vacation and I'll spend at least seven days celebrating my birthday next month). Leaves me some time to take my kids to parks, aimlessly rearrange furniture, read some more, watch movies, celebrate my 25th reunion, and partake of Happy Hours...but NOT CAMP.
Best job ever.